The aims of the training are to ensure that the delegate gains, the required
knowledge and understanding of the particular hazards and properties of H2S, and appropriate emergency response actions are taken.
Course participants will gain a basic level of understanding and an awareness of safety & emergency procedures, and will be required to demonstrate their skills, knowledge & understanding in the following key areas;
– Introduction and Registration. Aims and Objectives.
– Sources of H2S. Chemical Features of H2S and SO2.
– Hazards of H2S, Symptoms of Exposure.
– Monitoring & Detection. Respiratory Protection.
– Safety Procedures & Contingency Plan.
– Rescue Techniques & First Aid.
– Theory and practical application of SCBA/SABA.
– Connection of the SCBA/SABA to cascade system